Re: Repost: advice on Mill's skin condition

Nancy C

Hi Jenni fer

I'm sorry Mil is having this problem.  I cant help but wonder about the sulfa antibiotic starting and the skin issues at almost the same time. Sulfa *may* interfere with copper and zinc, which are huge for skin. Hoping things will calm down once that dose is over.

In the meanwhile I think you can up your flax amount. Three to Four ounces is 1 full cup.  Some members, myself included have been recommended to give even more.

You could also look at L-glutamine.  Here's a message  mostly about bugs but relates to skin.

HTH

Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org
Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup
http://ecirhorse.org/index.php/equine-cushing-s-and-insulin-resistance-group-inc

---In EquineCushings@..., <millionairess1989@...> wrote :

Are there any suggestions on what else I can try or any feed and/or supplement changes/additions that may be beneficial? I have uploaded two photos of the problem.

Jennifer & Mill in TN

Jan 2011