Re: New test for Cushings?

Nancy C

Hi Susan

He's very likely thinking of the TRH.  It's not new but the protocol to push the test is.  Click on this lovely yahoo ad to get to past discussions on eh subject.  The concern is higher sensitivity which *may* lead to more horses being diagnosed.  As with any testing, IMO, the need is to look at symptoms and lab work.

With a case history we could give you more help.

Yahoo Groups

To know what your vet is reading make sure you read

New diagnostic protocols for PPID in horses

Good luck tomorrow.

Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org
Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup
http://ecirhorse.org/index.php/equine-cushing-s-and-insulin-resistance-group-inc

---In EquineCushings@..., <szingle@...> wrote :

My vet is coming tomorrow morning.  I've been after him for a while to do an ACTH test to be sure we have the Cushings under control before we begin seasonal rise.

Susan with Pony, Chicago, member since (I think) 2003