Re: Ofeig

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Susan,

Here is a link to a brief description of Maladaptive Stress response in Humans:

Swedish Medical Center Seattle - Classes & Resources

Here is a more detailed one:

http://anthropology.ua.edu/bindon/ant570/Papers/Robertson/Robertson.htm

And more from Dr. Kellon:

In horses, the depression (which is chemically caused by cortisol) and increased susceptibility to infections and/or development of allergies are virtually identical. These horses are often misdiagnosed as EPSM, put on a high fat diet and the diet aggravates the mild IR from elevated cortisol enough to produce mild laminitis. I've seen this often enough that the first question I asked when I hear the story is “Was the horse imported?”. This horse is now doing very well on a low sugar starch diet and APF.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team