Re: Vet won't prescribe compounded Pergolide or ship to Cornell.

Dawn Wagstaff

Thriving Pets requires a vet's prescription for pergolide as per FDA regulations Ian wants it faxed directly from the vet, or you can choose to have Thriving Pets send a request to your vets office.

Policies and Legal Stuff - Thriving Pets

 We used to have a list in the files of states that mandate veteranarians give their clients a written prescription that they can have it filled anywhere they choose. I live in Michigan and it is illegal here for a vet to refuse to give a written prescription so that a client is prevented from purchasing the script other than from the vet.

Check your state's veterinary regulations regarding prescriptions.

Dawn Wagstaff
Saline, MI  2003