Re: Testing blood glucose with a glucometer

Lorna Cane

>Another spot that just came to my mind is right under the tail! :))  (it's hairless there... :)))

I would think it's a lot more tender there than the nostril,though.

It's also an area - behind the horse- which could make your mare reluctant to have any more work done back there in the future.

I'm thinking of something as simple as taking temperatures.

Maybe I'm being alarmist, but it may be worth rethinking.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup