Re: Please advise Cornell blood results for Busy

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Sue,

Glad to hear Busy is doing well.

That ACTH is much higher than I would be comfortable with at this time of year - it should be in the middle of the range as we are in the time of year when it should be at its lowest. If this was one of mine I would up the perg to 1mg now and plan to go to at least 2mg for the seasonal period. Your goal is to stay solidly within the middle range at all times.

The calculator for the ratios is here:

IR Calculator

Just plug your numbers into it as is and it does the work for you.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team

ACTH 37.9 pg/mL  reference 9 - 35
Insulin 55.61 ulU/mL reference 10 - 40
His glucose was 5.2 taken horse side with a human glucometer from the blood sample.

He is on .5 mg of pergolide until the end of July when I would increase for the seasonal rise to 1 mg.