Re: Pinworms

kimshu92026@...

Thank you Nancy. I considered all things that could cause the rubbing, including onchocerca, sweet itch, bad habit, allergic reaction to something in their diet or environment, etc.

Pinworms makes the most sense right now after seeing them in my mini and how suddenly and voraciously they started itching. The girls rub their vulvas and surrounding area and not the tail heads. The gelding is only damaging his tail at the moment.

I try to keep their hay tested and balanced and just got a new shipment of hay that will be tested soon.

Thanks for clarifying.

Kim and Nanna
Southern CA
May 2008