Re: Requirements for ACTH Testing?

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Ferne,

Know how you feel - my trusted vet left the practice suddenly last year.

We do not recommend trailering for tests as that will influence your results. By how much is unknown.

For the ACTH there is a 4 hour window. Glucose really should be separated more quickly. My vet just brings a portable centrifuge so there is no issue. Then all the vet needs to do is keep the samples cold until s/he returns to the office to freeze and ship. A few cold packs and a cooler will do that nicely. If the vet doesn't have a centrifuge you could look into getting one yourself - my vet got one on ebay for $40.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut

Jan 05, RI

EC Support Team