Re: ACTH 77


Lavinia Fiscaletti
 

Hi Larina,


As you say, at least it seems she is getting her meds 6 days out of seven. Certainly not ideal but a bit of an improvement. And at least it sounds as if Daisy is holding her own in general so that is also a plus.


PPID is a progressive condition no matter what you do. With medication, it appears to slow that progression to some degree. Daisy isn't necessarily progressing rapidly at this point, it may just be that the proper dose to control her PPID hasn't been reached and with the medication mishaps going on it is difficult to assess exactly where you stand. A .5mg jump in the dose is not a particularly large jump and 1.5mg total is quite common - one of my boys is currently on 16mg. If possible, I would recommend tapering the dose up to the 1.5mg - get (4) .25 mg capsules along with the 1.5mg capsules so that you can start with 1.25mg for 4 days then go to the 1.5mg. Will need to retest after consistent administration of 1.5mg to see where you stand. If she were mine, I would be planning on needing to go to at least 2mg during the seasonal period (maybe more) to maintain good control, then possibly being able to drop back down in late Dec/early Jan after the rise is over.


It appears that all the earlier ACTH testing was done at Michigan State. Unfortunately, we have found that there seem to be issues with false negatives from them so it is quite possible that Daisy has been PPID for a longer period than the positive test in 7/2013. We have had members send split samples to both MSU and Cornell and the results from Cornell consistently returned with higher values.


Know you are having trouble accessing your CH. Can you send the update to me and I can get it uploaded for you?


Hang in there. We know how stressful this must be for you.


Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut

Jan 05, RI

EC Support Team


>>>>>>

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/echistory7/files/Sedona%20Daisy/





Join main@ECIR.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.