Re: Laminar Wedge

kansteen5545@...

Hi Lavinia -
I can certainly do that - however, the trimmer I had when my mare was growing out the 1/2" wedge only backed up the toe to the edge of the wedge - said it would be more protection because if the wedge was cut into, it would make the wedge disintegrate,since it was softer material.
I know I need to get those pictures taken!
Karen
Scarborough,ME
May 2014

---- "shilohmom@... [EquineCushings]" <EquineCushings@...> wrote:

Hi Karen,

If there is wedge you need to back the toes thru the wedge in order to get the wall realigned with the coffin bone. Just allowing the toes to be too far in front of where they need to be will cause a wedge from mechanical forces acting over time.