Re: 2 crippled ponies.Please help.

Mandy Woods

Hannah,
That’s great news about Ziggy and Jaffa going sound.   However I must caution you that ridding Ziggy so soon after founder with 8% rotation is playing with fire.   We recommend at least one whole new hoof growth.    That is 9-12 months from the start.    If Ziggy was here,  I would be hand walking him in long straight lines.   Tight turns, pivots and circles are hard on their walls.    Can you borrow a friends horse to pony Ziggy off of?   Then he will not carry any extra weight on his front feet which are still mending.    I could not find your photos.  Will you send me a link to them?   Lets make sure you are ready to move to the next step.   Exercise is a very important part of the DDT/E’s but we need it controlled with a good alignment trim.

Mandy in VA
EC Primary Response
OCT 2003