MESSAGE POSTING ETIQUETTE - KEEPING ECIR USER FRIENDLY
This is a high volume list that can be difficult to follow. Help make it easier for everyone by following the guidelines below:
1) Sign your posts with your first name, location, the date you joined. When asking for advice, provide a link to your case history or photos. The volunteers need all this information to provide quality responses to questions and suggestions for local support, vendors, vets, hoof care, etc. Limit your signature to 3 or 4 lines.
2) Delete all but the part of the message you're replying to before posting.
Classic Yahoo users: Keep who is saying what clear by leaving the chevrons (>) in front of the text you are answering then type your response in a new paragraph below.
Neo users: click on the words "Show Message History" (located in the lower right corner of the reply box) and erase the text that appears below it.
3) Change the subject line when threads take off in new directions indicate the topic . For example: NOW: New Subject (was Old Subject).
4) Don't re-post messages if they don't immediately appear on the group or go unanswered. Be patient, a lack of response is not personal or a reflection on you in any way. With so many posts some do get missed. Allow roughly 48 hours before re-posting with the words "2nd Post" in the subject line and simply provide the original message's number.
5) Off-topic but horse-related discussions: Our sister group ECHorsekeeping provides a place to discuss issues involving non-metabolic horses, general horse keeping practices, lameness, other equine health issues, alternative therapies and equine related philosophical debates.
THE ECIR GROUPS:
For a complete list of our sister groups see the ECIR Files Table of Contents:
Solicitation is against list policy. If contacted privately by someone selling a product or service, be suspicious. These mails frequently target new members or those in a crisis. Often the product or service will not hold up to close examination. It could be harmless but also could be unsafe. Any suggested supplement, treatment, hoof care approach, etc, should be posted on the list so that everyone can benefit from list feedback. If you receive an e-mail selling something, either post to the group to ask about it, or forward the mail to EquineCushings-owner@ yahoogroups.com
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Yahoo uses "Web Beacons" similar to cookies to track Yahoo Group users. If you would like to be removed from Yahoo's analytics services, opt out here:
https://info.yahoo.com/ privacy/us/yahoo/opt_out/ targeting/details.html
Thank you for your cooperation.
Owners, Moderators & Primary Response Team of the Equine Cushings List