Re: MUFFY. - ATTN.: NANCY COLLINS

Nancy C

Hi MarthaHere's a link to our previous conversation about resveratrol

Equine Cushings and Insulin Resistance

Some  studies on pubmed show resveratrol as possibly helping ulcers in humans.  I took only a quick look but the cortisol rise would not be good.

What would be the reason for a TRH stim if her ATCH has already shown her as PPID in prior testing?  To see if the PPID is controlled?

This is from a post earlier this summer:

A new study from Spain  found the TRH stimulation can yield a false positive during the seasonal rise in ACTH.
Influence of feeding status, time of ... [Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2014] - PubMed - NCBI
Here's more info on TRH stimulation.

Equine Cushings and Insulin Resistance

Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org
Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup
Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.

---In EquineCushings@..., <mjwd444@...> wrote :

Dear Nancy,
   Some time ago I remember seeing on your post links to info
re resveratrol promoting rise in cortisol (humans).  Would it be possible please to re-post those links?  Has cortisol rise been seen in horses given resveratrol?