Re: MUFFY. - ATTN.: NANCY COLLINS

martha williams

Hi Nancy
      Yes, TRH stim to see if ACTH is controlled.  Also said
other hormonal actions might be detected that influence PPID,
(if I understood correctly.....??)
    But our ACTH is always a tad above
mid-range on testing, whether we
send to  Cornell or R &R.
     They question my pergolide,
even tho ACTH seems controlled.
Where is reliable potency testing
available?
     Dr. knew about the Spanish
study, which is why not doing
TRH now.
  MANY  Thanks.  Williams/Dubrow. NY. '08

Hi MarthaHere's a link to our previous conversation about resveratrol

Equine Cushings and Insulin Resistance

Equine Cushings and Insulin Resistance
The ECIR Yahoo group provides a place for everyone who has a horse with Cushing’s Disease and Insulin Resistance in their care to share experiences, pass...
Preview by Yahoo

Some  studies on pubmed show resveratrol as possibly helping ulcers in humans.  I took only a quick look but the cortisol rise would not be good.

What would be the reason for a TRH stim if her ATCH has already shown her as PPID in prior testing?  To see if the PPID is controlled?

This is from a post earlier this summer:

A new study from Spain  found the TRH stimulation can yield a false positive during the seasonal rise in ACTH.
Influence of feeding status, time of ... [Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2014] - PubMed - NCBI
Influence of feeding status, time of ... [Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2014] - PubMed - NCBI
PubMed comprises more than 23 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Preview by Yahoo

Here's more info on TRH stimulation.

Equine Cushings and Insulin Resistance
Equine Cushings and Insulin Resistance
The ECIR Yahoo group provides a place for everyone who has a horse with Cushing’s Disease and Insulin Resistance in their care to share experiences, pass...
Preview by Yahoo

Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org
Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup
Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.
Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.
The ecirhorse.org website is complimentary to the Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance outreach group. Equine Cushing's Disease, also known ...
Preview by Yahoo

---In EquineCushings@..., <mjwd444@...> wrote :

Dear Nancy,
   Some time ago I remember seeing on your post links to info
re resveratrol promoting rise in cortisol (humans).  Would it be possible please to re-post those links?  Has cortisol rise been seen in horses given resveratrol?