Hay shopping, 8% ESC + starch?

paulah@...

I will be testing a couple different hays this weekend prior to purchase.  Currently Cory is on a 5.8% and Onyx is on a 10.3%, which is soaked to reduce the sugar.  I know Cory did not do well on the 10.3% and is good on 5.8%, but that hay is not very palatable and Onyx won't eat much of it.  I would like to have one hay, safe for IR and palatable enough for both.

If one of the hays test to 8% ESC+starch and has reasonable palatability for my hay snob Onyx, how do I know if Cory will do well on it?

Thanks!

Paula with Cory (IR) and Onyx (IR/?) in Bucks County, PA, USA

EC 2014     NCRplus2011

Yahoo! Groups