Update on Deb's Cory

Deb Funderburk <hawkhilldeb@...>

Hi group-- I have updated Cory's history, but briefly his blood draw on 8/4 showed an ACTH of 42.2, down but not enough. We have gradually increased his Pergolide to 7mg, as of 8/21. The vet also suggested Metformin, and after researching the files, I decided as long as it didn't affect his appetite, it might help, so he is on 9 1000 mg tabs twice a day. He also gets 5 ml APF a day.

He is still quite painful, although his attitude is still good. I have order Phytoquench and I hope this will help with the pain. My main concern now is that he is so painful I am having a hard time trimming. He is definitely painful in his heels. I am still suspecting that the trim is the key to alleviating the pain.

I ordered the Soft Rides, but they didn't seem to give him any more comfort than the Easyboot RXs. In fact for the the last couple of day, I have left his boots off, because his feet seemed so hot in the evening when I took them off. He doesn't seem to be anymore painful with them off. I have opened his stall back up to the paddock, but he doesn't offer to go out. I have also been icing his feet, but this doesn't seem to make a difference, either.

Suggestions, anyone? Thanks for your help.

Deb and Cory in NC
July 2012
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory5/files/Deb%20Funderburk%20in%20NC/