Re: Update on Deb's Cory

hawkhilldeb@...

Thanks for your input, Dr. Kellon.  The analysis of the Coastal hay had a zinc number that was too high and I am in the process of having the hay re-cored and analysed.  So no, the calcium/phosphorus ration is not yet corrected.  I think it is odd that both of the Carolina hays I had analysed had inverted calcium/phosphorus ratios, and Cory has almost always had Carolina hay of one sort or another.  My vet told me that "treatment was vague" so I didn't pursue the hyperparathyroid diagnosis when Cory improved during last winter.Deb and Cory in NC
July 2012
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory5/files/Deb%20Funderburk%20in%20NC/