Re: Baron and Prascend

Lorna Cane

Hi Diana,

>I no longer use either on my two Cushings ponies since discovering Lamalert Cushings Formula. All the benefits with none of side affects. After all Prascend is a depressant which was rubbish for a pony with Cushings related depression. Paddy now happier and more alert.

I've gone to their marketing site. They list data from human studies - in a manner of speaking- but nothing about equine studies.I've written asking for their equine studies.

When you say  "all  the benefits" do you mean blood work returning to safe range,as well as clinical symptoms?

We have found here that Vitex Agnus-Castus (Chastertree Berry),which is Lamalert Cushings, can improve clinical symptoms for some horses. Blood work, however, does not show improvement/correction of ACTH numbers,bringing them back into safe range.

How long have you been using only this product,and how much do you feed at a time.It appears to be very pricey to me,depending on the dosing suggestions.

Apologies for the way NEO  screws up my intended format.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup