Re: 2nd Post: Monty's lab results

Suzanne Mansolilli

---In EquineCushings@..., <suzannemansolilli@...> wrote :

Hi Group,

I just posted Monty's lab results from Cornell.  Vet calculated G:I ratio at 1.46 and RISQI at 0.129 indicating uncompromised IR which I had suspected.  I've already recieved your advice on managing diet. He's sound enough to return to hand-walking 30 min/day.

My question concerns the ACTH baseline at 461 pg/ml .  Vet prescribed 1mg/day Prascend and re-testing for ACTH in 4-6 weeks. What do you think?

She didn't mention anything about the Leptin result and how it ties into everything else.  I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

SuzanneM and Monty

Western Colorado -- July, 2014