Re: 2nd Post: Monty's lab results

Lorna Cane

Hi Suzanne,

>My question concerns the ACTH baseline at 461 pg/ml .  Vet prescribed 1mg/day Prascend and re-testing for ACTH in 4-6 weeks. What do you think?

I think you might be thinking this too.If Monty were mine I would increase the pergolide in less time than 4-6 weeks,with an ACTH that high.Others may disagree but I don't think 1mg is going to put much of a dent in 461 pg/ml . I'd be anxious to lower the number sooner rather than later.

Will be interested in what others have to say.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup