Re: Pergalide and Chaste Tree

Lauren - My 29 year old IR/Cushings mare is on both Pergolide (6 mg) and Chastetree berry (4 tsp).  I feel the CTB has helped her "woolyness" problem for the past two years.  I have had to go up on Pergolide to control her Cushings.  Her hair is long, don't get me wrong, but it is not thick.  I blanket her accordingly in the winter since older horses have trouble controlling body temperature and I have never seen her sweat (in winter).  I did not clip her this Summer as I usually do but she has a stall with a fan that she likes to lounge in.

Hope this helps - experiment - see what works and what doesn't.  That is what I did.

Jean and Amber
in South Carolina
August 2004