Re: how much Pergolide? Now coconut

Carol

As to whether horse should get medium chain fats like coconut oil, they didn't evolve eating coconuts or meat. But....
I fed copra for a couple years and my horses did well on it.  I put coconut oil in my protein shake. Medium chain fats are not digested like other saturated fats and can be easily used for energy.

All that said, this group does not approve of their use.

Carol and Rossi in Maryland 2003
Carol in Maryland

On Sep 21, 2014 3:34 PM, "hrbacchini@... [EquineCushings]" <EquineCushings@...> wrote:

Interesting discussion especially when I have read so much about how saturated fats help the liver in humans.  Research on Saturated Fats

Research on Saturated Fats
Enjoy Saturated Fats, They’re Good for You!  by Donald W. Miller Jr., MD The Oiling of American by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, Ph.D. The Importance of Sa...
Preview by Yahoo

There is a long list of pros for saturated fats.  Is there a difference between the human and equine liver?  Or is it in the amounts consumed where there is a breaking point?

Holli
The Netherlands