Re: QUESTION TO THE GROUP

Nancy C

Hi Jane

I hope Dr Kellon might weigh in but will give you input based on my experience.

The best route is the 5 mg per day of Prascend for two weeks then retest as she outlined in her message to you:

Since he's totally asymptomatic though, what you might try is putting him on 2 weeks of Prascend at 5 mg then retesting.  If there is a dramatic difference, your pergolide is the problem.

That would be about $125.00 investment if you cand get  them to give you 2.3 boxes (versus three).  Then retest.

If not in the budget, and I get that, then switching pharmacies would be my next move. Then retest.

You may still need to titrate up as Dr Kellon outlined in her message.  Might want to reread it if you have not already.

FWIW, Beau gets a lot of pills right now.  I have had great luck using a Cashel feed bag and a cup of Nuzu Stabul one.  He loves the Nuzu and never fails to eat the pills with this method. I'm able to put the bag on, attend to my other gelding Skip, water, throw hay,  then remove the feed bag.  Everybody is happy.

Cashel Company: FEED RITE™ BAG

Keep us posted

Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org
Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup
Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.

---In EquineCushings@..., <jhewitt7408@...> wrote :

I just checked out the prices for Prascend on ThrivingPets and I'm unable to afford the listed price,