Re: Jazzy / was Ollie Has His Wings 1980-2014

Shari Starr

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about Jazzy. Colic...the worst. I lost my Snickers a little over a year ago from colic also. I will light a candle for Jazzy tonight in honor of the love the 2 of you share. If you want a support through this very tough time come visit us at the Hoofbeats In Heaven Yahoo Support group. Healing happens there. Hugs to you Linda I'll keep you lifted up in prayer for comfort. Here is a poem that helped me a lot: "Gone From My Sight" “I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other. Then, someone at my side says; "There, she is gone!"
"Gone where?" Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone
at my side says, "There, she is gone!" There are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout; "Here she comes!" Henry Van Dyke

Shari, Fly Free, Snickers mom

ECIR June, 2013

Western, WA