APF Dosage & Ok to give with Bute?

Stephanie Stout

Hi All,

Does anyone have an APF dosage chart or any thoughts on dosages? I just ordered APF for my newly diagnosed Cushings & IR horse that is feeling really icky/loosing weight(with significant rotation). I'm still working on perfecting his Prascend dosage for what works for him. How much APF would you start him on? And, is it okay to give it with Bute? I'm weaning him off the Bute, but he's on 1gram every 30-36 hours right now. He's also on a painkiller(Gabapentin) right now until I can get everything under control as he can't do without it.

Thanks so much.

Stephanie & King

Oct 2014

Oregon