Re: Veterinary Help With Cushings

layzd@...

To those who claim this groups advocates NOT using a vet, nothing could be further from the truth.  I get chastised by members regularly for not wanting to involve my local vets in cases involving my client horses.

Unfortunately, we do not have a vet in our very rural area who prescribes to the current protocols involved with these diseases, but I have learned from this group to consult with them anyway.  It is my hope that if I have enough success with this group maybe they will get on board.   I have realized the necessity in consulting with a vet, regardless of their views if for no other reason that to protect both my and the owners legal position in the way we deliver care to the horse.

I have clients who have actually driven their horse(s) hundreds of miles away to find a vet they can work with.  I would not have encouraged that if not for the strong encouragement of this group and Dr. Kellon.

Debora
02/2012

Join {main@ECIR.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.