Re: Updated Case History, Suggestions Needed

CJ Stumpf

Kendra ,
I expect you are correct that the stall rest did not help Opie's IR situation. Exercise really seems to be so crucial to equine metabolism, in ways that are well understood as well as ways that are not.
On the other hand controlled exercise is required for tendon and ligament rehab, which means stall rest for all but the quietest.
You sound like you are making every effort to walk that fine line. I've been there and there are good outcomes, so keep up the good work. We will all be rooting for Opie!

---
CJ Stumpf
+1.617.816.8766

via iPhone