Re: Low numbers, sick horse

Nancy C

Hi Melinda

Went through your case history. Thank you for updating.  I would have done what you did, ie remove alfalfa, oats.  Would have also done as you are doing, getting more blood work.

As I think you recognize, hoof tenderness and sheath could be  higher insulin from causes other than ACTH. His insulin being up could also be from cold (40 degrees can trigger some) iron overload, lyme disease.

Hoof tenderness can also be from trim or mechanics but based on previous conversations I bet you are on top of that.

Sorry, nothing concrete here.  Just wanted you to know we were paying attention since you loaded your CH. It will be interesting to see CBC and Chem once that comes in.

Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org
Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup
Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.