Re: Case history

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

---In EquineCushings@..., <thelittlebarnonwhiteoakfarm@...> wrote :

I have uploaded a new case history showing new blood tests taken on 10-30-14.  It's labeled 'Colleen case history 10-30-14.  This is the first time my mini Colleen has had her ACTH checked.  The result was 104.

Your vet is right that these numbers can show up in the seasonal rise, but the question is what effect do they have on the individual.  Older horses and IR horses can have a worsening of IR as a result of the rise, which pushes them into laminitis.

The worst is probably over for this season with your horse but would check ACTH again in April to see if it really is onlyseasonal and would definitely consider pergolide from April through at least December to prevent these seasonal laminitis problems.

EC  Co-owner
Feb 2001