Re: Laura & Hope - 22 yr old TB mare

Laura Cull

hi - I will contact my vet tomorrow about starting Hope on pergolide.
from Jaini's reply "If this were my horse, I would start her on pergolide now, today, tapering up the dose by .25 mg every 3 days.  I would re-test 3 weeks after reaching 1 mg."
does this mean starting with 0.25 mg AND increasing by that amount? just want to make sure I'm reading that correctly.
we are about 2-3 days into a cold snap. the ground is frozen and we are getting as low as -11*C overnight. hopefully the seasonal ACTH spike is over.
Laura & Hope
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Oct 2014