Re: Cato labs - low numbers, sick horse - second post

hinecedark@...

Thank you, Lavinia

No "spikes", this is progressive through a very mild autumn (mild until this week!).

With no information forthcoming concerning low ACTH level, I believe I will just go ahead and "treat the horse, not the numbers", and first treat the condition I know he has before "reaching" for things we have no reason to suspect. No to low iron in water, iron in hay easily balanced, no iron supplement, all x 13 years. Lyme scarce as hen's teeth in central IN.  If this is ineffective we'll look further into the iron and Lyme issues.

Melinda and Cato

IN 2010