Re: Cato labs - low numbers, sick horse - second post

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Melinda,

Sounds like a good plan. We haven't really seen any reports of issues with too low an ACTH so I'd go along with my gut on this one if I were you. The only thing I have personally seen in my "one rat study" of one of my geldings, whose perg dose goes to 4mg for the seasonal and back to 3mg the rest of the year, is that he will get a slight "pergolide veil" type response if I leave him at his 4mg perg dose too long. His dates are very specific for rise starting and ending and have been for several years. Might be something to watch out for.

Please let us know how it goes.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team