Re: safe pergolide feeding for drug sniffer pony

Lorna Cane

---In EquineCushings@..., <chf1752@...> wrote :

HI Erin,

>The new pergolide is in 1 g capsules. Its from a different compounding pharmacy than the first. Should I open 2 capsules and mix 1 in then open the other and mix a little of it in?

I don't think I understand the question. But the dose should be whatever you would be giving if you didn't open the capsules.If you feed 2 x 1mg ( not gram) capsules,you would open both of those and syringe them in.If you're only feeding 1 x 1mg capsule, just open that one.
Am I making any sense?

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*