Re: safe pergolide feeding for drug sniffer pony

Lorna Cane

Now I'm answering myself.

>If you feed 2 x 1mg ( not gram) capsules,you would open both of those and syringe them in.

When I had to open capsules,I used to fold a stiff memo card in half and dump however many capsules I needed into the folded card. I then tipped the powder that was in the fold into the syringe,which already had water in it.
You can dump the powder in before adding the water,but I found it better the other way around.
But I think you know this if you used to syringe anyway.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup