Re: Feeding

Chanda

If your horse can't eat hay and you don't want to chop or soak, then there are very few safe feeds available.

The Ontario Dehy Timothy Balance cubes are complete diet with addition of Salt, Vit E and flax; but they should be soaked, some horses can probably eat them dry, soaking reduces chance of choke.  [I can't get them, but it seems I've read that they just need to be wetted, and it doesn't take much to fluff them up.]

I believe the Stabul 1 pellets can be fed as a complete diet and they are safe, but not always easy to get ahold of.  they are available through Tractor Supply, but a 10 bag minimum order is required.

Chanda

MT 9/04