Re: International Volunteers Day

janieclougher@...

I also want to add my profound thanks to all the volunteers. This group saved my horses' lives.

To ECIR founder Robin Siskel, and ECIR Yahoo Co-owner, Dr Eleanor Kellon, thank you, thank you, thank you for the vision and freely given years of volunteer hours.

Here is a quote from Dr. Kellon that pretty much says it all:

 “You know those credit card commercials that run through a bunch of things with price tags and end with a moment that's "priceless"? That is truly how I feel every time a new member comes here frazzled or wired and strung out after being told their horse, pony, donkey or mule should be euthanized and then later tells us about the light coming back in their eyes, those first voluntary steps out of a stall, the first spontaneous trot, buck or canter or when the feet start to concave and a hundred other positive signs of getting well. Most of all, it's about the animals.”

Robin and Eleanor, you are both the bee's knees! And I am repeating Lorna's words, because they are so true:

I can think of some - relentless,unfaltering,non-judgmental, objective,generous,brilliant,intuitive,tenacious - but I was right in the first place.
Words can't begin to uncover the entire picture.

Jaini (BVSc),Merlin,Maggie,Gypsy
BC 09
ECIR mod/support
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ECHistory/files/Jaini%20Clougher%2C%20Smithers%20BC/