Re: International Volunteers Day

Leigh Jacobs

It is to this group of wonderful, knowledgeable people, that I have to give thanks.  Ace would not be here if not for the information that you all have shared.  And Shadow is avoiding the dreaded laminitis (so far!) thanks to that information.  I give thanks to my vet and boss who kept saying that I needed to look into the group.  If not for him, I would have lost Ace.  My continuing hope is that this group can continue to help new, desperate owners educate themselves and the vets out there that do not know, understand, or are so swamped in information that they lose sight of the goal:  A live horse, living comfortably and for many of us still capable of taking us on adventures.
Leigh, Ace and Shadow
Tucson, AZ
2011

On Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:59 AM, "windybriars@... [EquineCushings]" wrote:

Here is a quote from Dr. Kellon that pretty much says it all:

 “You know those credit card commercials that run through a bunch of things with price tags and end with a moment that's "priceless"? That is truly how I feel every time a new member comes here frazzled or wired and strung out after being told their horse, pony, donkey or mule should be euthanized and then later tells us about the light coming back in their eyes, those first voluntary steps out of a stall, the first spontaneous trot, buck or canter or when the feet start to concave and a hundred other positive signs of getting well. Most of all, it's about the animals.”

Fine.

Now I'm reduced to tears.

Of joy.

But thanks, Jaini, for reminding us of her words.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup