Re: leptin interpretation -- how high can you go?

Kerry Isherwood

Thank you so much, ladies, for your swift assurances that my gelding is indeed not the outlier of leptin resistance that I fretted over. He is, in fact, in good company it seems! :)

I find it very interesting that my 20yo mare--the quintessential IR model whose fat pads have their own fat pads--had a leptin of only 4.19 at her highest, while my svelte gelding, who has many times been mistaken for a Thoroughbred, is in perfect body condition w/o a trace of any visible fat on him, yet has a leptin of >8.

Just when you think you know horses.... ;)

Thank you,
Kerry in NY
Sept 2014