Re: leptin interpretation -- how high can you go?

Elva J Mico

On 12/11/2014 4:10 AM, kerry.isherwood@yahoo.com [EquineCushings] wrote:
Thank you so much, ladies, for your swift assurances that my gelding
is indeed not the outlier of leptin resistance that I fretted over.
He is, in fact, in good company it seems! :)

I find it very interesting that my 20yo mare--the quintessential IR
model whose fat pads have their own fat pads--had a leptin of only
4.19 at her highest, while my svelte gelding, who has many times been
mistaken for a Thoroughbred, is in perfect body condition w/o a trace
of any visible fat on him, yet has a leptin of >8.
My Tennessee Walker, Whiskey, has a leptin reading of 16.....I have not yet figured out how to lower it.

Elva and Angel Satin
2004/NM