Re: Testing

janieclougher@...

Hi, Heather - You are correct: ACTH, insulin, leptin and glucose.  ACTH pulled into a purple-topped tube; others into serum separator tubes. All spun within 4 hours, separated, frozen overnight then sent to Cornell.  You are also correct in that it is non-fasting; have hay in front of them up until the blood test; and test 4 hours after the first meal of the day.  If they have free-choice hay all night, then no need to wait the 4 hours.

Let us know how it turns out :)

Jaini (BVSc),Merlin,Maggie,Gypsy
BC 09
ECIR mod/support
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ECHistory/files/Jaini%20Clougher%2C%20Smithers%20BC/

---In EquineCushings@..., <hleonard.bci@...> wrote :

Hi,

Recently, I had some body work done on my horse and it was suggested that I evaluate her for Cushings. ....

Heather

Mass