Re: Intermittent Time Between Feedings

Lorna Cane

> despite all my efforts to use small hole hay nets

What size are the holes?
What size are the nets,and how much(weight)can you fit into them?

For me the SMHN were a godsend,not because I am not here but as back/time savers.
I use hockey nets.In the whole net(made into an envelop-looking net,by lacing the sides together with cord) I can stuff 3 bales (~ 35 pounds each) of hay(remove twine after bales are inserted).Into nets cut down to make stall nets( 1/2 the size) I can still fit a good amount of hay.Maybe 60 pounds?
The holes are 1" - 1 1/2".
This plan kept hay in front of as many as 9 horses.
I'm wondering if there is a way you can fine tune your set up to make life easier for you?

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup