Survey of youngest PPID cases:

Kerry Isherwood

Im curious about the younger cases of PPID, as Im currently working up my 7yo gelding's unexpectedly severe IR & EMS bloodwork (insulin 47, leptin 8.3; I have an ACTH pending)

What symptoms were the "young" PPID horses exhibiting that prompted the diagnostics for PPID? Are these younger PPIDs responding as well and as expectedly to pergolide as the typically older PPID population of horses does? Any unusual stories amongst the younger PPID population, specifically, any unusual behavior or symptoms that abated once treatment was initiated?

Thanks!
Kerry in NY
Sept 2014

(Case history for my gelding in progress)