Re: acute laminitis and updated case

Kathy Brinkerhoff

Hi Beverly,

I looked at your list of additional supplements in your CH and this is what it says you are currently giving Ginger:  15 ml of Evitex (Chastetreeberry) for 6 yrs and more when more acute, Mov-Ease, Remission, Biotin Plus, J-Herb, Alcar, (on order) chromium yeast, Dr. De Paolo’s special supplement based on hair analysis.  The Plus in Biotin Plus contains rice bran, cinnamon, cloves, all spice, and nutmeg.   Cinnamon is no longer recommended for IR horses.

 I see in posts that the mods have asked you what is in the “special supplement”.  Have you contacted Dr. Paolo and told him the supplementation you are giving Ginger in addition to his custom supplement?   Have you considered there may be redundancy and possible contraindications within your protocol?  Please share the ingredients so the mods can help you sort through your current protocol.

Regards,

Kathy Brinkerhoff

SE/WI  10/12