Re: Flaxseed oil instead of ground flax

Michele Cameron

Just an FYI regarding buying ground flax...Many years ago, I switched from whole flax to buying pre-ground/non stabilized flax & I fed it to my Standardbred  , not knowing it was rancid... He began having a twitching in his shoulder muscle which over the course of a couple of weeks became a major dysfunction... eventually a friend inspected my feed and she could tell by the smell that the flax was "mildly" off.... We discontinued using it and in a week he was better. After that though he could not tolerate any flax at all, even fresh ground or whole, so be careful to follow the directions for keeping it, and learn what good flax smells like.