pasture for a cushings horse

lj friedman

I'm curious about pasturing an older cushings horse. If a horse is diagnosed with cushings but not IR,  wouldnt allowing a horse to eat grass hasten the move to IR? are there any statistics that show the % of cushings horses that move over to also being IR despite being properly controlled with pergolide with the pressure of eating grass? Are  cushings horses usually  recommended to avoid pasture? I ask because my horse is old,, and can't be ridden so it might be nice to get him out of his stall,,even though it is large and he gets out for an hour each day.   lj friedman san diego nov 2014