Re: Farriers formula and iron overload

Lorna Cane

>I started farriers formula  as part of my emergency diet.

The emergency diet recommended by the group does not contain FF. So,do you mean literally that the FF is part of your own emergency diet protocol?

> Now that it is high in iron and I suspect iron overload, are there any products like farriers formula that are much lower in iron?

Do you mean with the same amounts of trace minerals as FF ?

Are you feeding precisely what is  in your Case history,as it was updated today?

I ask because I didn't see the lab numbers entered,so wondered if there were other details needing updating as well.

You have had some good people helping you balance Jesse's diet privately.They are very skilled.

If you can follow precisely the suggestions made , you are bound to notice a difference in Jesse.

Of course you would notice *more* of a difference if your Balancers had the advantage of working from an accurate hay analysis.

Not having an accurate analysis of the major part of Jesse's diet puts you at a disadvantage.This makes it even more imperative that your Balancer's  suggestions are followed  to a "T".

I hope this makes sense.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*