Re: excessive peeing

Sharon Manning

Thank you Kerry! That was a great reminder as I should of realized the IR part at least. I know that excessive drinking and urination is something you look for in humans… duh !

I guess I got confused when I saw both PPID and IR. PPID horses have high Cortisol levels so Lorna’s response explains that. (my gelding has/had high glucose). I think my mare holds her urine till she goes into the stall because she likes the shavings and seems she pees more when in heat. My Blaze is doing better these days after starting on pergolide and much of his edema and sheath swelling is gone.

Sharon
E. TN
2005
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/echistory8/files/Sharon%20and%20BLAZE/