Time to worm for tapes..

lj friedman

Jesse is soon due for a worming for tapes.  He gets ivermectin,, each month and 2x a year I worm for tapes. , per Dr.Kellons suggestions because of his age and  compromised immune system and ppid ir, etc.  . Dr. Kellons suggests  2  double doses of pryantel paomate ,2 weeks apart instead of equimax..  I was going to just use one dose of equimax. because I'm lazy. How bad would it be to give equimax to a severe IR horse 24 yrs old with cushings?I already bought it.. no big deal as well.   Upon re thinking this.. doing 2 double doses isnt such a big deal.. wondering what others are doing. I've noticed no  negative issues with his current wormings. .On a brighter note. I started Jesse on prevacox today. Looking forward to see an improvement in his energy etc. with a goal to move from once a day prevacox, small dose to perhaps every other day or mwf,. etc as half life is 36 hours so once a day doesnt seem to be best practice.Farrier did a trim today.. very nice.  I think Jesse is lucky.. decent feet , tight diet well balanced.( thanks to the group) and no evidence of any laminitis, since Ive had him for the past year. 

lj friedman san diego nov 2014

ECHistory8

Join main@ECIR.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.