Re: depression and ppid

Nancy C

I'd go for the jherb but the Previcox (did you enter that on your CH too?) will interfere. My next try would be American Ginseng but again, not sure about NSIOD interference.  On the run so I'll let you do the message archive search on "ginseng" and "NSAID"

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003

FACT: Iron overload has been identified as a significant factor in IR horses
that are not receiving a mineral-balanced diet. (Nielsen, BD, Vick, MM, Dennis, PM, 2012. A potential link between insulin resistance and iron overload disorder in browsing rhinoceroses investigated through the use of an equine model. J Zoo Wildl Med. 2012 Sep;43(3 Suppl):S61-5.)
See  E. M. Kellon, VMD, Iron Overload and Insulin Resistance, 2013 NO Laminitis! Proceedings, Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.