Re: wnv vaccine

fionn@...

I’ve always given West Nile in May, right before Mosquito season.  I would think it would wear off too soon if you gave it in Nov.  And if you are giving them separately (as in not a 6-way), then I’d do it now.  Just my opinion and keep in mind I’m a history teacher, not a vet.

Michelle Peck Williams & Fionn
Lexington, Kentucky USA
Joined June 2012
fionn@...

On Apr 26, 2015, at 1:58 PM, lj_friedman@... [EquineCushings] <EquineCushings@...> wrote:

thanks for the reply.. the reason I plan on doing wnv vax soon. bec of  mosquito season. is that the previous vets at a different barn vaxed everything yearly in November.. In my mind. this means that the wnv vax given in November of 2014, will offer little if any protection for the 2015 mosquito season.  thoughts?  lj friedman san diego nov 2014